Ways Staff & Faculty Can Get Involved
There are numerous student organizations committed to supporting the mental and physical health of individuals and our community. Everyone has a role to play in supporting the health and well-being of the Cornell community. Faculty and Staff can help Cornell foster a healthy educational environment by:
- Adding a syllabus statement that acknowledges the importance of mental health and includes campus resources.
- Learn more about Cornell's Mental Health Review and its recommendations.
- Consider becoming a guide for the campus Let's Meditate program.
- Try some of the W.I.S.E. initiative best practices in the classroom, during advising sessions, or when mentoring students.
- Sign up via Qualtrics to receive the weekly Thrive@Cornell Newsletter and share ideas with students.
- Consider joining a Colleague Network Group (CNG). These groups are a great way to build your community and expand your connections at Cornell. Membership is open to Cornell faculty and staff and you can join multiple CNGs:
- Cornell Disability Colleague Network Group
- Cornell LGBTQ+ Colleague Network Group
- Cornell Men of Color Colleague Network Group
- Cornell Veterans Colleague Network Group
- Cornell Women of Color Colleague Network Group
- Cornell Young Professionals Colleague Network Group